Subject: RE: [Leica] Focusing the Summilux 75
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:41:57 -0700

Sorry Austin... I could not gather which item was re-calibrated, or both. I
did notice the screws that were on the lensmount had been touched, but
whether this happened before r after I owned the lens is unknown.

If the FL of the lens is significantly different from the helical it is
mated with, then there will be the possibility that the lens would focus
right at 5 feet, but not at 5000 feet, or vice versa.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Focusing the Summilux 75)