Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 exposure meter
From: "Chuck Albertson" <chucko@siteconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:04:31 -0700

I've had this happen a couple of times. A Leica service guy recommended
moving the pointer on the film-speed dial from one end of the scale to the
other, and then setting it at the desired film speed. Even though the
contacts in the film speed dial are gold (and don't corrode), dust can get
on those contacts and throw the reading out of whack. Moving the pointer
through the film speed scale scrubs the dust out of there. I do it every
time I change film now, and I haven't had any metering problems.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.