Subject: [Leica] Re: jupiter 8 users?
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 17:36:45

The Jupiter 8 is my only 50mm lens I owe right now. The results are OK, but
I can not count grass or someone hair. The colors are sort of flat, but I
will put this lens in Cosina league. Cosina Nokton/1.5 and Jupiter 8 give
the same impression. I did not check flare on Russian 50/2, I had sun always
behind me.
You should be OK, check for scratches, mechanic, fogging from oil inside and
if you can mount on your Leica, check how the Jupiter fits. You may find
distance setting on other side.
I bought my Jupiter8 and Zorki 4k for 20$US on flea market.

Victor
Earth, Solar System
http://communities.msn.ca/VictorPhoto