Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: I'm Ruining My Glasses
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:04:19 -0400

I saved the following LUG mail from Joe Sobel (posted some time ago)
thinking I'd give these a try the next time I need to change eyeglass lenses
(if anyone tries these, please post results back to the LUG):

< My head movement peering for the frame in the M3 really chews up my
 glasses. I've added a M6 rubber ring to the the M3 and even that
 additional eye relief causes further loss of the frame in the finder. >>

I had the same problem for years, after the thickness and weight of an
increasingly strong prescription for myopia caused me to switch to plastic
lenses.  As a left-eyed shooter, I was also destroying my right-eye lens
with
the wind lever.
However, I got a new pair of Varilux lenses over 2 months ago, treated with
new and very different coating.  Like the old Bon Ami ad - hasn't scratched
yet.
Go to www.crizal.com, and click on "Crizal for Geeks".

Joe Sobel