Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: I'm Ruining My Glasses
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

Austin wrote:

> I'm looking though Zeiss close in progressives now!!
> Marc! you should check this out!!
> http://spectacle.zeissdata.com/consumer/index.html

I had them, I hated them.  I went back to just regular lenses.  You
have to tilt your head almost up at 45 degrees to see close-up, and
look down at your fee to see away.  I found my head working like one of
those silly dogs in the back shelf of some of cars in certain parts of
town...

I was sick for days after trying those damn things!

FWIW, I also dislike progressives, having used them exclusively for the
last three-and-a-half years. I found that going down steps is
particularly hazardous: it's too easy to miss my footing. They're also
problemmatical when using my R8, because the precise position of my
glasses against the viewfinder window makes a big difference to the
clarity of the focusing screen. I'm going back to ordinary (myopic) eye
correction lenses. I've found I don't use glasses for close work,
anyhow.

Regards,

=====
Ray