Subject: [Leica] Agfa Optima
From: Don Lawrence <DLawrence@fkp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:57:11 -0500

>Agfa Optima 100,200,and 400 are all great films. Too bad the 50 Ultra is
now
>defunct. I'm not sure about the greens being over saturated ( I'll have to
>look at my photos). The reds are diffently saturated. But remember is
>depends on where you get your film processed. All process machines are
>different. Plus it depends on the paper itself. There is supposed to be a
>new version of the 100 Optima coming out soon.

>Chris Williams

I use a lot of Optima 400 and really like it. I have never noticed
an oversaturation of green or any other particular color. In fact, the
film seems to me considerably less saturated and more natural than Superia
400 or Royal Gold 400.

IMHO a fine color print film.

It was too bad that Ultra 50 was discontinued.
I really like that film for eye-popping saturated prints. Still have a few
rolls
in the fridge. When I inquired about the fate of Ultra 50, Agfa responded
that
a new formulation at 100 ISO would be released sometime this year.

One other Agfa print film that is worth trying is their new Vista 800. I
actually
won 10 rolls by voting in their monthly online gallery. Results have been
quite nice.

Don