Subject: [Leica] Kyle's PAW week 22
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:04:00 +0100

Kyle,

Very nice.

I liked your comment about taking advertising images and transforming them
into the art world. I always thought that the ad people just stole ideas
from the 'art world' and cooked them a little. Removed the subtlety, made
them easier to consume. They wait a few years, of course, to give them time
to creep into the collective subconscious and to be forgotten about - so
that they appear to be attractively radical, yet aren't too radical to be
rejected.

One of the more amusing adverts we have had recently was for Young's
Brewery. Their symbol is a ram. The advert consisted of a Damien Hirst type
person pickled in a glass tank with a proud ram looking on. DH is well known
in the UK for having exhibited a pickled sheep.

That is a rather obvious case, most are less overt.

I'd write at greater length, though no greater sense, but after seeing your
photos I must rush out to the shops for a long red wig and a self-timer
gizmo.

I shall continue in the same manner as my earlier post today, and leave this
post unf

Regards,
Malcolm