Subject: [Leica] OT D23 and HP5+
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:53:00 +0100

Dan,

These are the times I use for two-bath D23 and HP5+:
EI 400 - 4 mins in bath A, 6 mins in bath B;
EI 800 - 5 mins in bath A, 9 mins in bath B (a favourite combination for
people indoors - it doesn't have the look of a pushed film at all).
All at 21 degC.

Bath A is D23, B is:
Borax (Sodium Tetraborate) 2 g
Kodalk (Sodium Metaborate) 5 g
Sodium Sulphite 5 g
Sodium Chloride 30 g
Water to 1 litre

If you are having difficulty getting metol, try Ilford Perceptol, if
availability is better and you haven't yet tried it of course. This is
another metol only developer that is similar to D23. I use it diluted 1+3,
and use 200 ml of stock per film - which means that a high-rise Jobo is
required to develop more than one film.

Regards,
Malcolm