Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 microprocessor (WAS: Re: attached file)
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:33:46 -0700 (PDT)

Pascal wrote:

In fact, the R8 CPU is based upon a 16 bit Mitsubishi chip . . . (snip)

The software to run the R8 requires more than 50K ROM.

(source: J. Eastland's Leica R8 book)

Pascal,

I have been wondering whether it's worth buying J. Eastland's book on
the R8. I already have Arthur Landt's book on the R7, which I found
useful and still dip into but, of course, it doesn't address the R8's
unique features. Would you recommend Eastland's R8 book?

Regards,

=====
Ray