Subject: Re: [Leica] screw to bayonet adaptors
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:51:57 +0100

Hi Brian,

I think I'm right in saying that the only lenses in the Voigtlander range
that do not have rangefinder coupling are the 12mm, 15mm and 25mm lenses.
The new 21 and 28 plus all of the longer lenses will couple with the
rangefinder with no problem.

The adaptors, which are made by Voigtlander, are very easy to use - you just
screw them on to the lens and off you go.  Don't over tighten it.  You have
to be a bit careful lining the lens up.  There is a alignment small notch
cut into the flange of the adaptor which is painted red to try and make it
stand out.  This is used to line the lens up with the bayonet mount.

Sometimes, if the lens isn't screwed in tightly enough, it is possible to
leave the adaptor on the camera body.  This isn't a problem, as the lens cap
that comes with the adaptor has three small 'prongs' (for want of a better
word) that engage with cutouts in the adaptor flange.   The instructions
that come with the adaptors are quite good.

One last thing - Voigtlander do three types of adaptor, covering 28/90mm,
35/135 and 50/75mm focal lengths, so that the right brightline frames are
brought into play when you mount a lens.  Clearly this isn't an issue when
you use a lens wider than 28mm, as it is necessary to use a separate finder
anyway.

Finally, the adaptors cost between £35 and £40 sterling.

Hope that helps.

regards

Mark Pope
Swindon, Wilts