Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lone Cypress trademark
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:02:49 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/01 2:37:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mxsmanic@hotmail.com writes:

<< take an absolutely top-quality image of the Lone Cypress,
 digitize it, and release the image to the public domain, thereby allowing
anyone
 to use the image for anything, >>

Now THERE'S an idea that appeals to me. Somewhere in my collection of stuff
sit several Kodachrome slides I took in 1959 (I was a very young Navy officer
stationed at N.A.S. Alameda, CA) of Cypress Point, the TREE, and a
world-renowned Hollywood cinema queen embracing a gentleman friend (at that
time you could actually stroll out to Cypress Point and kiss under the TREE
without objection from anyone at all). I was myself on the footpath halfway
out to the Point, focussed my trusty Leica IIIf and 50 Summitar and fired
away; too far away, I switched to my trusty 127mm/4.5 Wollensak (damned
screw-mounts take a long time to swap) and made a couple more before she
recovered her composure, removed herself from his embrace, looked at me with
a frown and said: "you know, we're copyrighted!"

Just kidding about the last. Now I have to find the slides. Damn!

Seth           LaK 9