Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: scratched lens
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:01:36 -0400

> If you got a good price that means the lens was not sold as
> "mint" and you
> did not buy it as "mint." So ease off and take a breath.

It shouldn't matter what you paid for the lense, ALL that matters is what
the sellers description said, and if the seller misrepresented the item
(intentionally or not), then the seller should either offer you your money
back in full, or a partial refund...no matter WHAT you paid for it.

Though, if it was a very good price, then it may behoove the buyer to just
keep it.  That should be the buyer's choice, and it doesn't make the
seller's errant description OK.

> Two little scratches will not hurt the images a bit.

Possibly, but it hurts resale value, and a lot of people are quite concerned
about that, and that is their business and no one else's.  I find if I buy a
piece of gear that is in exceptional condition, I can use it for a few
years, providing I take very good care of it, I can re-sell it for near what
I paid for it.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: scratched lens)