Subject: Re: [Leica] M vs R musing...
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 00:30:12 -0300

on 17/6/01 11:25 PM, George Lottermoser at imagist@concentric.net wrote:

> And I prefer making to taking. Ah semanics \;)
>
> George

Yes, George, making . But shooting does not sound for making nor taking nor
faking photos.
Shooting rather sounds much better for guns, for killing.
Or maybe it can be imagined that triggering is like shooting ? I don't think
so.

on the semantics road

Pablo

Almost generally the significance of a word has to do with a specific idea,
a concept or whatever. I don't see that "shooting" has nothing to do with
photography. Save you "make" a photo of a gun with its bullet taking off or
a bullet entering  a human or animal being...or so.

Well, just different ways to express ideas and/or feelings about life.
Beyond semantics.