Subject: [Leica] Re: OT advice sought re Photo CD and Epson 1270
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:10:01 -0700

I find myself on that slippery slope to the digital darkroom. I just
received scans of 175 slides on Kodak Phoro CDs and I have an Epson 1270 in
the unopened box i  the corner.

My questions are:

Is there a good online or book source to get me started using these tools?

Is there a preferred printing paper for the 1270?

Any tips I should know about?

My first examination of the Photo CD scans indicates at highest res there
are choices to be made of "source" and "destination" in Photoshop 5 LE. What
do those mean?
Color is scanned Provia slides seems better than K64 slides-too contrasty.
Is this real or an apparent difference on my monitior and system?

Any advice will be most helpful. Please reply off the LUG if preferred.

Thanks, Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: OT advice sought re Photo CD and Epson 1270)