Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NEW Photo Newsletter: The 37th Frame Returns
From: "Mark E Davison" <dmark8@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 06:20:48 -0700

Actually in the Nov/Dec 2000 issue of Photo Techniques, Mike J listed 2
Leicas in his article "25 Best Cameras". Number 2. was the LHSA black-paint
M6, and Number 7. was the Leica M6 "Classic".  He had this to say about the
M6 classic:

"In an era when a leading AF SLR may have sixty controls and a more powerful
CPU than an eraly personal computer, there is something to be said for
simplicity and directness. You always know where you stand with an M6; it is
supremely unconfusing. Each control is mechanical, and each knob, button or
lever is given only one unambiguous function. The M6 never second-guesses
you, never thinks on its own, and never obstructs or gets in the way. You
know exactly what it's doing, and it does exactly what you tell it to--no
more, no less--very quietly and quickly."

For all of his imputed faults, he certainly is an excellent advocate for the
m6 design philosophy.

Mark Davison