Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Drying Negs
From: ShadCat11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:17:45 EDT

The reason I don't store photoflo solution for more than a few days is that
it seems a favorable environment for bacteria colonies or other critters that
can deposit themselves on film or even eat of it, as told to me by a Kodak
tech rep over their telephone call-in service.  But I was wondering.  If
isopropyl alcohol were added to the mix, wouldn't that retard or eliminate
organic pests in photoflo solution?

Allen Zak

<<Hardly a new trick, but one I re-found last week..... Add about an ounce of

Isopropyl Alcohol to your last rinse of water or water + photo-flo.  The

negs dry in about 1/4 the time.  The solution is reuseable, if you so

desire....

Frank Filippone

red735i@earthlink.net