Subject: [Leica] new to M
From: "Mason, Robert" <RMason@Hudson-Advisors.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:26:17 -0500

Hello LUGgers...

I am new to the list as of a few weeks ago, and truth be told, I am new to
the world of Leica in general.  Having read many of the reviews and stories
of the LUG, not to mention having studied many of your photos online, I am
interested in advancing my Leica use from the R series to the M series, but
would like some pointers in getting started from some Leicaphiles who are
not also employees of the local store where I might eventually pick one up.
For an M-beginner, what models should I look at?  Should I buy a new M6 or
look into something a little more classic like an M3 or M4?  Also, what
lenses would you recommend for all-purpose use?  Any and all pointers will
be very much appreciated!

Best wishes,
Rob