Subject: Re: [Leica] new to M
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:05:01 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 18/06/01 22:38:35 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
RMason@Hudson-Advisors.com a écrit :

> Hello LUGgers...
>
>  I am new to the list as of a few weeks ago, and truth be told, I am new to
>  the world of Leica in general.  Having read many of the reviews and stories
>  of the LUG, not to mention having studied many of your photos online, I am
>  interested in advancing my Leica use from the R series to the M series, but
>  would like some pointers in getting started from some Leicaphiles who are
>  not also employees of the local store where I might eventually pick one up.
>  For an M-beginner, what models should I look at?  Should I buy a new M6 or
>  look into something a little more classic like an M3 or M4?  Also, what
>  lenses would you recommend for all-purpose use?  Any and all pointers will
>  be very much appreciated!
>
>  Best wishes,
>  Rob

Welcome Rob .
I've been into leica things since 1984 , the coming of the new M6 .
My first bought was then an M6 black with a 35 Summicron .
Today , I've got several M6 with 15 Heliar , 21 , 35 , 50 , 90 and
recently a Tri-Elmar .
This is way too much stuff for only one man .
If I had to keep one body / one lens , it'd be an M6  Classic Black
with the 50 Summicron Black , last version .
Outstanding lens combined with a wonderfull body .
Chears

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE
will soon walk with mud covered combat boots...

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] new to M)