Subject: Re: [Leica] Honduras
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:43:28 -0400

At 04:05 PM 6/19/01 -0700, you wrote:
>:)
>
>Jim
>
>ps... we're so very happy that you are back.

Thanks, Jim.  I had my doubts at times!  I rode a mule named "Jumper" for
two hours straight up a mountain and through a river.  How I stayed in the
saddle I'll never know.  Leica's were clanging together and beating me to
death.  On the way back, I only wore one Leica and got off and walked down
the steep clay bank to the river and back up again.

I stayed with families the first week, we did cataract surgery the next 10
days, and saw over 1500 people in the regular medical clinics the last two
weeks.  I'm developing and scanning the film this week.

I trimmed down my pack this year and only took two M'6s with the 35/1.4,
50/1.0, 75/1.4 and the R6.2 with the 100 Macro, 85/1.4, and 19.  It was
still heavy enough (with 300 rolls of film) that I'm glad I'm doing weight
lifting to be able to lift it into the overhead!

Continental did us the favor of not shipping our sterilizing equipment for
three days so we had over 100 patients who came by bus from all over the
country who had to wait an extra three days for their surgery.  Don't fly
Continental!!

I'm glad to be back and look forward to great conversations about Leica
photography on the LUG!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP