Subject: [Leica] NEW Photo Newsletter: The 37th Frame Returns
From: "Birkey" <dbirkey@uio.telconet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:41:07 -0500

Gee, As I remember it, Mike made himself unwelcome on the list... comments
along the line of  "I'm the best printer on the Lug with exception of
perhaps Bill Pierce" aren't exactly the best way to make friends....  And
then there was his Erwin's credential/testing/photography bashing period
which seemed sort of odd as he had already published the article on the
Noctilux in PT.

While I enjoyed his writing on 37th frame in PT.... He seemed like a
different Mike on the LUG..... I didn't think a whole lot of his photos that
were available for sale through PT.... and apparently no one else did either
as he rather discouragely told the LUG that not a single print was sold...

As far as I am concerned, nothing Mike writes 4 times a year can possibly be
worth paying $17.....  that's more per issue than PT....

Anyhow this is IMHO

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio, Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador: