Subject: Re: [Leica] Free Travel
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:18:42 -0700

At 05:54 PM 6/21/01 -0400, Tina Manley wrote:
>My husband just got bumped off of another US Air flight so we now have two
>free tickets to anywhere in North America.  They have to be used before
>July 20th.  Where would you suggest we go to escape the heat and humidity
>of South Carolina in July?  Beautiful Leica photography sites would be a
>definite plus.

Shucks, Tina!

Come to Roanoke, Virginia, up in the hills.  A quiet city, close to all
sorts of photographabilia, from wild scenics off the Parkway to historic
sites such as Mabry Mill and Lexington to Jazz Festivals and those
marvelous faces of Appalachian folks.  The Black sections of Roanoke are
aching for a decent documentary photographer, as are the Maronites.  This
place is wide-open.

Besides, you'll have a place to stay!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315