Subject: Re: [Leica] Free travel
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:33:23 -0700

> Tina, Tina, Tina...
>
>   Montreal is the place to be.  Festival de Jazz, Festival des feux
> d'artifice (firecrackers), Festival de l'humour, Restaurant Claude
> postel...Mont-Royal at night...There simply is no competition tho'
> Victoria with it s famous Roger s Chocolates comes close...:-)

Well, Montreal is definitely the place for eating.  Photographic
opportunities are ample, as well, but Montreal has the most equisite
selection of fine food at reasonable prices.  Sure, New York can offer
extraordinary $300 (and up) / person dinners, but Montreal does it at $30 or
less.

During my school days, I was in Montreal just about other weekend visiting
my then-girlfriend (now wife) and explored numerous restaurants.  Some of my
favourites were:

Schwartz's Deli (St.Laurent)
Witloof (St.Denis)
L'Actuel (Peel)
Guillaume (William) Tell (Stanley?)
Bagatelle (Parc)

More touristy places in the Old Montreal were out of my student budget,
though.