Subject: Re: [Leica] One reason for not allowing cameras in stores etc...
From: brad daly <bwdaly@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:21:21 -0500

duane:

>If they go to court, the business has to come up with something to show they
>weren't negligent and fighting against photos or a video tape of the
>accident is an up-hill battle that is much harder to win, so they are much
>more likely to settle out of court.

i know that lots of factories won't allow photography for this reason--i
unsuccessfully tried to talk my way into a US steel plant here, and this
was the gist of the excuse i was given.

on a related note, one of the malls around here allows photography but no
tripods, as they fear liability from someone tripping.  beanbags are the
only real alternative.

- --brad

- --
brad daly	                  bwdaly@hiwaay.net
photographs: http://home.hiwaay.net/~bwdaly
"I can't imagine anything good about being blind and lame at the same time."
	--Alvin Straight