Subject: RE: [Leica] advice on buying a leica
From: brad daly <bwdaly@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 20:52:51 -0500

dan:

>I can't even see the 35 mm frames on the .85x finder; the .72x are barely
>visible to me.  I also find the 50 frames to be a bit too crowded in the
>higher mag. finder: I like some real estate outside the frames to get an
>idea of what's coming and going.

i can't see the 28mm frames on the .72 finder and can barely see the 35mm
frames.  are the 50mm frames as far out on the .85 as the 35mms are on the
.72.

>But that's just me.  If I shot a 90, I'd prefer the .85x frames for that,
>for sure.

i'm not going to buy a 90mm right now, but i know i'll have access to one
if i need to borrow it.

>Here's the list of scheduled Leica Days:
>
>http://www.leica-camera.com/unternehmen/international/usa/events/index_e.htm
>
>Find the next one that suits you and order from them.  Don't put it off too
>long--photo opportunities are out there just waiting for you! :)

i see b&h is having one in mid-july.  i'll drop them an email and see i
they'll honor the 10% discount on a phone order.  there's one tomorrow,
saturday, at tamarkin.  haven't i read good things on here about them?

- --brad

- --
brad daly	                  bwdaly@hiwaay.net
photographs: http://home.hiwaay.net/~bwdaly
"I can't imagine anything good about being blind and lame at the same time."
	--Alvin Straight
"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg