Subject: [Leica] In defense of the R8,( now purity).
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:46:51 -0500

From: "Mxsmanic"
I also have a psychological block that requires that Leica
gear come into
contact only with other Leica gear, never "foreign" gear,
lest the Leica gear
become ritually unclean. (snip) The only exception I've
made was for a tripod, and I had to bless the tripod before
mounting the M upon it.

SonC advises:
You could find one of the "Leica branded" tiltall tripods,
or better yet, take the Leica ball head designed for the
tabletop tripod and use it on most  tripods, thus keeping
the camera baseplate pure of outside influences.

Of course there's always the option of a beanbag; fill a
large zip-lock with black beans and one red bean to simulate
the logo.  Of course, if your Leica is silver, it won't
match very well.  The advantage to this move is you always
have a possible meal with you. :>D

Regards,

SonC
http://www.SonC.com