Subject: Re: [Leica] re-How do you change shutter speed on an O series?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:19:49 -0700

Tristan Tom wrote:

 >>>all i can say is 'wow!'. those images look like they were shot back in
the '20s! very cool...if i could afford the O-Series i would have one but
alas, i cannot...<<<<

Take it easy Tristan, :-)  As it's the guy holding the camera, not the
camera that is seeing the images.  And someone with an M, R, IIIf or
minilux could shoot the exact same images.

Actually an M6 with a pre-war 50 or 35 screw mount adapted lens would make
the scenes even more 20ish looking. ;-) The "O" is an interesting toy to
play with, but I fear that's about it for a working pro relying on his gear
to earn a living.

If I had one, not likely, I'd use it for happy snaps on Sundays. ;-)

However, I enjoy your enthusiasm very much.  I would think many of the
group upon receiving a new toy, camera or lens, has the same kind of thrill
and burst of enthusiasm as yourself, which equates to "I'm going out and
shoot great pictures with this new Leica just as HCB did."Or whomever your
photo idol maybe. ;-)

In reality, we all know it isn't the equipment, but many forget their
feelings upon receiving their first Leica as they near exploded with
enthusiasm and can't wait to start putting images on film. Be they whatever
they maybe.

And I'm sure those who have the "O" are also boiling with enthusiasm to
meet the challenges of using this "new-ancient" camera. :-)
ted