Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw-bayonet adapter
From: Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:21:13 +0200 (MEST)

> I just received my new 50mm Summilux from Oehling Foto in
> Germany. This is the limited edition screw mount lens, and it came with
> the adapter to mount it on my M6. The adapter brings up the correct 50mm
> frameline, but it does not line up correctly. A normal M lens mounts in
> such a way that the infinity mark is on top (or at the 12 o'clock
> position). In my case, the Summilux with this adapter mounts such that
> the infinity mark is at the 1 o'clock position. The lens appears to
> focus fine, so is this just an immaterial cosmetic flaw not to worry
> about, or should I be on the lookout for another adapter?
>
> Nathan

Don't worry Nathan, all my old screw mount lenses point to one o'clock (I
have a Summitar and a Summaron). That way the focussing knob doesn't block the
viewfinder in closeup postion. This doesn't make sense for lenses without
that knob/tab, but I guess they kept it for historical reasons. Enjoy your new
lens :-)

Alex

http://www.gmx.net

- --
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a