Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 RF adjustment question...
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:43:22 -0400

Help!
I tried to get into the archives, and finally figured I ask, and hope I
don't get "squashed"!
I fell down while on vacation- I wasn't drinking single-malt, honest! I was
just walking along the pier, hit an uneven patch, and went down like a load
of bricks. Unfortunately, I had my M6 around my neck, and it dinked of the
pavement- and while it now has a very professional lookng skinned place on
the bottom, the RF is off at infinity- meaning the two images don't quite
come together.
I cannot remember if this is the easy adjustment one can do at home, or if
it is the one requiring the expensive tool from Leica, and a six month wait
if I send it off- I have re-adjusted the LTMs in my life a few times, and
they are relatively easy, but I am just a might hesitant to start poking
about the M6 unless I get a little advice or help from the "Peanut Gallery"
Please accept my thanks for any response, and if you want, you can email me
privately. Thqanks in advance,
Dan (throughh a glasss darklyy) Post

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Screw-bayonet adapter)