Subject: Re: [Leica] cams
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:00:06 -0500

At the back of C&J, through the haze of smoke and very near the Leica counter,
Chuck, Bart and Rick have cut a slot in the display case glass and posted a
little plaque which reads:

"Lea, deposit fundage here"

Yes, they are the shop that has the lens I was looking at but after tracking
down the body I'm not sure it's what I want, so I'm holding out. No biggie
really as I have loads of options for doing macro work...Rick even found me a
Visoflex with a prism that I've had a ball playing with.

Lea

Don Dory wrote:

> Lea,
>
> If I remember correctly you are in Kansas City.  If that is correct then the
> odds are very good that one of the items is at C&J in Overland Park on Santa
> Fe.  If you can stand the cigarette smoke then you can trust Rick in the
> used department on facts.  He really knows his Leica's and can be a great
> source of help and knowledge.  Just don't trade anything in to him unless
> you were a mule skinner in a former life.
>
> Also, from your website you are taking some near macro shots.  Get Rick to
> let you rummage through his odds and ends boxes to find adapters to mount
> lenses to your medium format or if I remember your EOS.  Last time I was
> there he had adapters for both the 39mm leica thread(read a vast number of
> very interesting lenses) and the ahem Zeiss 42mm screw many people claim as
> the Pentax universal thread mount.  Both genres can be had dirt cheap and
> can have unique looks to them.
>
> Jealous because you live in a great city,
>
> Don

- --
Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press