Subject: Re: [Leica] BAGS
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:16:22 -0500

Johnny Deadman writes:

> me too, but that's the fatal mistake
>
> it means you never have enough room for everything
>
> to paraphrase Mr Micawber, with deep apologies to C Dickens:
>
> available camera bag space, 10 liters; amount of gear, 10.1 liters: result
> misery.
>
> available camera bag space, 10 liters; amount of gear, 9.9 liters: result
> happiness.

I think I finally have this bag thing figuered out:

For my magazine work, small job; Domke F6 carries 2 Leica Ms with lens
attached, 4 Nikor primes, Nikor SB28, 1 Nikon F3HP w/motor drive over
shoulder.

Magazine work, big job; Domke F2 carries 2 Nikon F3HPs w/motor drive, 5
Nikor primes, SB28, 1 Leica w/lens.

Protest demonstration (such as George Bush inaugration or IMF demo); Domke
F6 carries 4 Leica Ms plus lenses.

Street Photography; Classic M satchel bag carries 2 Leica Ms plus 1
additional lens.

Lighter IS much better.

sl