Subject: [Leica] Sharon Stone/The Rest of The Story
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:22:02 -0500

When you last heard from me I was documenting this extraordinary event of
Sharon Stone being honored as a 'Woman of Vision' at a flashy Gala put on by
Women in Film & Video.

It was now past midnight and the event was running about 3 hours behind
schedule. If you recall SHE had just accepted her award and was now giving
her acceptance speech. I was standing about 15 feet in front of the podium
happily snapping away with my new M6 when all of a sudden I could hear the
900 strong audience behind me snickering. Suddenly it dawned on me that SHE
was talking to me, "...have you got enough pictures already?" SHE said with
good natured humour. I slunk away redfaced as the crowd roared.

Frame #34 is Sharon talking to me (this would be something to tell my grand
children, except I don't have any).
http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im28.jpg

FLASH BACK 6 hours: In the VIP Reception Room everybody is waiting HER
arrival. The room is packed with Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight,
NBC, People Magazine, VIP's, etc,etc,etc.

There are interviews aplenty: http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im29.jpg

Hollywood movers & shakers: http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im30.jpg

Top Kodak honcho: http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im31.jpg

Still photographers awaiting HER arrival:
http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im32.jpg

Naturally I have been taking lots of pictures of the beautiful people in the
room. But now I have planted myself at a strategic location at the entrance
to the room where I now realize I only have 6 exposures left in the camera.
What should I do? Change to a fresh roll and risk HER showing up in
mid-change? No-good. Anyway all my film is in the camera bag which is
sitting on a chair somewhere in the room. And to go and get it would mean
giving up my strategic location. So I decide I can get the shot with what I
have.

An hour-and-a-half later and late SHE arrives. I got the shot:
http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im33.jpg

JUMP FORWARD 6 hours:

HER moment is at hand, but first Jack Valenti has a few words to say:
http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im34.jpg

Finally SHE is on the podium in tears accepting her award:
http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im35.jpg

Well that is it. Well almost. There was desert being served later, but that
is another story.

And for my permanent record on the PAW frame 34, SHE is talking to me (and
my knees are still shaking). http://www.streetphoto.net/paw26.html

sl

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Sharon Stone/The Rest of The Story)