Subject: Re: [Leica] Mosquitoes
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:58:12 -02-30

At 03:38 PM 6/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Ah yes. Canada has a mosquito for every season, you
>know. Even for the snow.

Yes, indeed!! I remember a spring assignment in Nain, Labrador (there was
still snow on the ground) and shocked too see the Dreaded Winter Mosquito
looking for an evening meal from my wrists.

>The only people who know mosquitoes better than
>Maritimers are Newfoundlanders. Right Greg?

...BUT the good news is... in spite of their size and heartyness, I've only
contracted Malaria in Africa :^)

>Steve Patriquen
>London (born and bred in the Maritimes)

An Acadian name?

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://www.greglocke.com
PictureDesk International .....news pictures ONLINE!
http://www.picturedesk.org  and http://www.newscom.com