Subject: [Leica] yesterday's technolgy at retired dentists prices!
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:48:30 -0400 (EDT)

>Must be because you are buying yesterday's technology.  The F is forty
>years old; the M6 TTL is only about 15 years old, if I remember correctly
>(?).

though you really must admit, the M has _not_ evolved significantly past
the nikon F from its earliest inception -- the design has _for the most
most most part_ remained _identical_ since the introduction of the camera.
with the exception of the light meter, the ONLY real changes of any
significance have been a better viewfinder, the replacemnt of that stupid
spool with a stupid fork, and the replacement of that stupid rewind knob
with that signficantly better rewind knob, and the loss of the self timer.
other than that, it's basically the same camera.

my point being: the M is yesterday's technology too. i love mine, but you
can't compare the evolution of the nikon f line with the evolution of the
leica m line -- only one of them really evolved, the other's like a
crocodile -- still around, still chugging along. (still eating dogs and
children -- stay away from the river bank please)

fwiw,

kc

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] yesterday's technolgy at retired dentists prices!)
Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] yesterday's technolgy at retired dentists prices!)