Subject: [Leica] Airports/High speed or IR film.
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:14:11 -0400

To the fellow who had inspection problems at the airport: If I am just using
normal 35 film I carry it in a baggie in my pocket and put it in the tray
just before walking thru the metal detector. For everything else (IR, sheet
film, lots of 120) I send it back via Fed Ex. They actually have a " do not
x-ray " sticker for your package and as a matter of course do not x-ray
anything.With today's airport delays the film usually makes it back before I
do. We have found that to certain parts of europe DHL does a little faster
job.
We have about 10 photogs working around the globe and have never lost
anything using this system.
Take the lables and boxes with you.
Roy Feldman
Ford Photographic