Subject: Re: [Leica] Airports/High speed or IR film.
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:37:47 -0400

on 6/28/01 7:14 AM, Roy Feldman at royfel@hotmail.com wrote:

> To the fellow who had inspection problems at the airport: If I am just using
> normal 35 film I carry it in a baggie in my pocket and put it in the tray
> just before walking thru the metal detector. For everything else (IR, sheet
> film, lots of 120) I send it back via Fed Ex. They actually have a " do not
> x-ray " sticker for your package and as a matter of course do not x-ray
> anything.With today's airport delays the film usually makes it back before I
> do. We have found that to certain parts of europe DHL does a little faster
> job.

I think that's a very wise idea. I recently returned from the US with about
20 boxes of 4x5 film and 50 rolls of 35mm. The hand inspection made my hair
stand on end. They did it *out of my sight* and I had no idea whether they
were opening the (taped shut and taped together) 4X5 boxes or what. In
future I will certainly courier important stuff home.

> We have about 10 photogs working around the globe and have never lost
> anything using this system.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com