Subject: [Leica] loose filter drawer on R lens
From: Franz <franzlist@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:27:38 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

The filter drawer on my new R280/4 Apo-Telyt lens is
kind of loose when fully inserted into the lens'
drawer slot. It rattles a bit, and when the lens is
turned sideways so that the drawer slot opening faces
down, the drawer 'slips' out a little, such that
there's a 1mm gap between the felt strip on the drawer
and the lens barrel. Is this normal? Anyone else
encountered this problem? Don't know if this would
affect the image quality, I just don't feel
comfortable to have something loose and rattly on a
lens costing that much!

Franz