Subject: [Leica] RE:75 1,4/ 85 1,4
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:07:59 +0200

"I too have the Nikkor 85/1.4 AIS and I find that for portraits it is my
sharpest lens bar none.  This was the first lens Nikon designed with their
version of "floating elements", and I believe that it is really effective.
 Too bad I am stuck with using it on an old F2, which IMHO simply doesn't
cut it anymore.   So the lens collects dust at the bottom of an equipment
bag."

I use too a 85mm f1:1,4 Nikkor and it is slightly soft  full open, nice for
protraits, with very nice bokeh  and from 3,5 tack sharp. For sure always
has been produced for Nikon. Cosina is makink some consumer lenses  for low
end Nikkor cameras FWIK.

Kind regards

Félix

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] RE:75 1,4/ 85 1,4)