Subject: Re: [Leica] The Rumour Mill
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:54:53 +0200

Chris Williams writes:

> Is it just me or doesn't Sony make the cameras
> for Panasonic?

Panasonic is part of Matsushita, which owns a long list of brand names in
electronics (Panasonic, National, JVC, Technics, etc.).  It's a direct
competitor to Sony, so it's hard to imagine either company building products for
the other, especially in the domain of video, where their competition is
especially keen.  Remember, Matsushita developed VHS, whereas Sony developed
Betamax--and we all know how that turned out.

Message from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] The Rumour Mill)