Subject: [Leica] SL2 mirror pre-release?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 05:58:54 -0700

I discovered this morning that in addition to the pea-flicking method of
pre-releasing a Leicaflex's mirror, my SL2's mirror can be pre-released
by pressing the shutter release while holding the DOF preview button
in.  This flips the mirror up without releasing the shutter.  Then,
letting go of the DOF preview, the shutter can be fired using the
shutter release.

Since my SL2 is of the "needs TLC" variety I don't know if this is
normal.  Can other SL2 users verify?  If it's normal, is it documented
in the user's manual?

Thanks-

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento