Subject: Re: [Leica] SL2 mirror pre-release?
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 12:24:17 -0400

Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I discovered this morning that in addition to the pea-flicking
> method of pre-releasing a Leicaflex's mirror, my SL2's mirror
> can be pre-released by pressing the shutter release while
> holding the DOF preview button in. This flips the mirror up
> without releasing the shutter. Then, letting go of the DOF
> preview, the shutter can be fired using the shutter release.
>
> Since my SL2 is of the "needs TLC" variety I don't know if
> this is normal. Can other SL2 users verify? If it's normal,
> is it documented in the user's manual?

Doug, my SL2 doesn't do this unfortunately. On mine holding in the DOF
preview button while releasing the shutter fires the shutter but then
prevents the mirror from dropping down again until I let go of the DOF
preview. I suppose if I kept on holding in the DOF preview button I could
cock the shutter and take the *next* shot with the mirror still locked up.
Awkward, though. I like the behavior of your SL2 better...sounds like a
useful mod!

- -Dave-