Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 flare help
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 05:00:16 -0500

I've also found that leaving inadvertant finger prints on some of the
windows can lead to more flaring.  Seems that cleaning all the windows
(huff, rub on clean part of shirt) will sometimes help.  Sometimes switching
from vertical to horizontal (or vice versa) will allow me to focus, and then
switch back.  If that doesn't work, I hold the camera with my forefinger in
front of the frameline window and that will usually help enough so I can
focus.

I tried the scotch tape over the frameline window, and that didn't seem to
do much for me.  Still flared in the worst conditions.

Eric