Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Anthony' photos
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 09:13:23 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:

> Mxsmanic wrote:
>
> > Doug Herr writes:
> >
> > > I enjoy looking at them but the time to download
> > > the files is exhorbitant for those of us with
> > > slower modems and I run out of patience.
><Snip>

Well what we can see fast is the thumbnails.
I find it ridiculous to click on a thumbnail and have it become a slightly
larger thumbnail.
As I new member of the pure silver list i've seen many of those this weekend.
Anyone whose ever taken a look at my website will see I'm a big fan of letting
them see the merch.

The sites out there of commercial / fine art photography which are not chintzy
with the scans are out there but few and far between. Are they worrying about
the slowness of your modem or are you going to steal their images do they think?

I applaud Anthony's generosity and excellence of design of his website which
seems to have both thumbnails as well as medium and larger scans... and the
images themselves are well worth it.

My DSL by the way has no problem with these scans (has a high sucking power) but
not everyone has that yet. If they didn't I'd guess they'd learn to not click to
make a big slow for them to load image. But why should others not get that
opportunity if they have the capacity?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA