Subject: Re: [Leica] Diz [was] Sharon Stone
From: "Rob McClure" <mcclure@udata.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:59:38 -0400

Hello,

After all of this talk about being embarrassed while photographing
celebrities, I was really apprehensive about getting some shots at a "Riders
in the Sky" concert this weekend (they have a radio show on National Public
Radio, won an Emmy for doing the Toy Story II soundtrack and taught Barney
the Dinosaur how to yodel -- sort of a nearly famous group).  It was a small
venue and I was in the second row.  Of course I wanted to get even closer
with the M6/ 90 Elmar, so I boldly crouched in front of the stage and began
shooting.  They hammed it up for me and everyone else who then followed my
lead.  Apparently, they had told others that flash didn't bother them
(though I relied on my Fuji 1600 and available light).  Maybe this is the
difference between being really famous and only slightly famous.  I hope
they don't change with success.

Rob McClure

SNIP
>      i get in a couple of shots before the tune ends.
>      Diz, with a handkerchief in one hand and his
>      trumpet in the other, starts clowning and says
>      "hey man, take my picture". i pressed the button
>      one time & left in a pace that you would not
>      describe as walking. i was lucky for 3 things;
>      the audience didn't get into the act, it was
>      10:00 PM so the redness in my face didn't show
>      and my editor ran that last shot.
 SNIP