Subject: Re: [Leica] I blew it
From: "Rob McClure" <mcclure@udata.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:22:08 -0400

Hello,

Today I attended a practice round for the upcoming Memorial PGA tournament
in Columbus, OH.  Having never attended  a tournament of this sort, I was
unsure about what equipment to use and guessed (incorrectly) that I would
need long telephoto lenses to get in tight on the players.  Consequently, I
brought my Canon A1 with a variety of 200 mm + telelenses.  At the last
minute, I threw in my M6 with 50 Summicron for crowd shots.

Imagine my suprise when the A1's battery went flat during the first shot of
the day and I discovered I had forgotten a spare.  Fortunately I had the
Leica and shot three rolls in short order.  However, I really needed the
Leica 90 and 135 lenses, which were left at home on the table.  These short
telephotos would have given me really tight photos of Nicklaus, Garcia and
the other players.  To add insult to injury, I had to carry that useless,
heavy Canon stuff around 18 holes.

Next time I'll just bring the full Leica kit!

Rob McClure