Subject: [Leica] summertime
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 12:00:48 -0400

I'll be signing off of the LUG in the next day or so as I am leaving for a summertime
assignment in the Middle East. When I come back (alive?) I'll rejoin.

Meanwhile, I wanted to mention that, while in NYC last week (partly for the NYLUG
meet), I visited ICP Midtowns's showing of Salgado's "Migrations" work, sponsored
partly by Leica. Despite having seen the book, the exhibition was powerful beyond
expectations. About half of the many images on display are really superb. Several of
the great ones actually made me cry - they're that good. How the man gets himself in
and out of all of those awful places and manages to take photos while there, I don't
know, but his vision is stunning. His portraits of children are very special. Try to
seethe exhibition if you are in Manhattan during the next few months.

On a more prosaic note, at Tamarkin's  I saw M-Classics latest bag, in all black.
Looks like a beauty, albeit a bit pricey.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal