Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [scanning prints]
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 13:20:30 -0700

><Snip>  I am hard pressed to see any difference even close-up. Hanging
> on the wall I doubt any difference could be seen. Now I wonder if there
> would be significant improvement if I used a 1200 dpi flatbed? File size is
> really getting up there, but 128 memory chips are cheap.
>
> Bill Lawlor

The files I get at 1200 from small prints are huge. Amazing! I down sample later
after most of the cloning and tweaking has been done at that large file size and
the results are really something!
Nowadays I look for prints to scan from before i go for the negative and often
they are in the file.
I'd made a lot of 5x7's for years instead of 8x10's so I've done a lot of those.
But lots of smaller prints as well. My image size from an 8x10 print is 6x9 so
it's still "in there." size wise.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA