Subject: [Leica] Don't try this w/your M6! PAW26
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 18:04:27 -0400

I know, it's a Leica list...but some things just can't be done with a
leica M.
	Kyle calls it "romancing the vampire." With my Nikon F100 set on
"program mode," I set minus-one-stop exposure compensation on the
camera, then punch in plus-one-stop compensation on the flash. The
result is proper exposure for the subject, which pops out from the
underexposed background. Of course the "D" lens measures the distance to
the subject, the pre-flash measures the reflectance of the subject, and
the whole deal is synchronized at 1/250 of a second.  Focus, however, is
manual. It's faster to be set up for the known distance. Some things
never change...
http://www.worldpath.net/~pjs/26.jpg
Regards,
Phil Stiles (Only M shots from now on, I promise!)