Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo web site
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 10:13:43 -0500

I'm a fan of Adobe products and use a combination of Pagemill 3.0 (discontinued
but available packed with other software) and GoLive.

GoLive is a beast....it can do all sorts of things that Pagemill can't do but if
you're looking for something easy you might get your hands on Pagemill 3.

Photoshop also has a feature that allows you to make web pages based on
directories of images. I've not used it so can't speak from experience but I do
know others have had great luck with it.

Web design is enjoyable...well, I enjoy it...but it is a project best started
with a clear, very clear vision. You might look at Robin Williams' book The
Non-designers Web Book. It is excellent...very wonderful explainations of what
you ought to know before, during and after starting your project. She, too, is
an Adobe fan but much of what she has to say will be applicable to any program.

Good luck...it's a bunch of work but very worth it.
Lea

Steve Barbour wrote:

> I am trying to setup a photo image  web site (from scratch) ....something I
> have never done.  Some of you have extraordinary/and powerful sites that
> compliment your great images.
>
> Could I please have some suggestions re: web site software programs, real
> simple /intuitive, that you have actually used to make your own sites.  Like
> I mean hey...step by step....something a real dummy could  do.   Thanks,
> Steve

- --
Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press