Subject: Re: [Leica] on web design packages
From: "Mark E Davison" <dmark8@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:30:23 -0700

I went through a similar drill recently. It turns out that my local phone
company provides DSL service, using a DSL modem which has a built-in router.
The instructions they send work perfectly for hooking the DSL modem/router
to a simple LAN with a hub, and for no other configuration. If you happen to
have your LAN already configured with a LINKSYS switch/router, then all hell
breaks loose when you add the DSL modem.

After a few hours I got it all figured out, but it isn't easy.

These things are not consumer ready, I agree.

Mark Davison

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] on web design packages)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] on web design packages)