Subject: Re: [Leica] on web design packages
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 18:59:21 +0200

Johnny Deadman writes:

> Netscape 6 retains the troublesome bug in
> the way that tables display. This is a problem
> in the underlying Mozilla code I think.

But wasn't everything rewritten for Netscape 6.x?  Wasn't that Gecko, or was
that something else?

My guess was that they left the buggy behavior in so that users viewing pages
specially tweaked to get around the bug in Netscape 4.X would see no change in
moving to Netscape 6.x.  So they keep the old 4.x users, but they scare off the
potential new users of 6.x.

> You should also look at the mac browser iCab
> for completeness!

Ah, but I have no Mac!

Also, I forgot to mention that WebTV displays my pages correctly, too.